I have recently deleted all of the Social Media apps from my phone. This is what I learned.
- Social situations can be awkward.
- A lot of social media interactions can be safely ignored.
- Your mum can and will ask you whether you saw her Facebook status.
- Setting aside or scheduling time for social media allows for more thoughtful posts and interactions.
Keep notes about the things you want to post about. Things like:
You can use tools like:
- Google docs.
More than ever my phone has been a tool for researching, writing, creating and consciously consuming.
I have found myself using my phone for consuming a whole range of content:
- Audio books.
- Reading kindle books.
- Watching movies and TV shows.
Before wiping my phone of all social media apps I would spend the majority of my time consuming a never-ending stream of updates. Now I find myself powering through books that I have wanted to read for a while, writing more than ever and generating constructing content.
I love it.